Well done to the guys at 360 Cities for a great redesign of 360 Cities building on there already award winning website.
Here are some screen shots:
360 Cities now contains over 8000 panoramas to explore from over 100 cities around the world.
Here are just some of the improvements are listed below
- A reseller program for people who would like to provide VR / immersive photography services to local businesses
- All new map page with advanced search, author- , area- , or business-centric searching
- Critically acclaimed fullscreen panorama layout including map, thumbnails, and image transitions
- HOTSPOTS in all panoramas which are automatically created as panoramas are added to the site. You can navigate between images and move all through an area….
- Photographer profile page to show the latest works by author
-RSS feeds for the whole world, by area, or by author.
- Get driving directions to any business on the site.
- Google Earth integration, so you can view any image on Google’s Earth platform.
[this is not new but worth mentioning, as it's really cool!]
So credit crunch getting you down ? Need a holiday but cant afford one ? Don’t worry take a virtual trip to anywhere in the world with 360 cities from the comfort of your own computer
Try these great new destinations for starters
Cutting open a dead whale during a snowstorm at midnight in Barrow, Alaska:
Muscovites of all sizes enjoying the sunshine:
Berlin’s holocaust memorial
View from the top of the WTC in NYC
One of Iran’s most beautiful mosques
An ecologial amusement park in Damascus
The McCall Glacier, in the ANWR, Alaska
A marketplace in Banjul, Gambia
Waiting for Marlon Brando in the middle of the Pacific Ocean